Denis Kessler is named chairman of the board
Converium has officially become Scor Switzerland. It has replaced its previous board members in an extraordinary general meeting
The new Board members unanimously elected Denis Kessler as the chairman and Jürg Marty as the vice-chairman of the board of directors of SCOR Holding (Switzerland) Ltd.
"With the takeover of Converium by SCOR, a successful Swiss company is losing its independence. Converium is heading to its new owner as a healthy company," said Markus Dennler, the departing chairman of the board, in his speech to shareholders.
Agenda items for the EGM included the discharge of the current board of directors and Scor's proposition to change the name of the company from Converium Holding AG to Scor Holding (Switzerland) Ltd.
The newly elected board will appoint a new executive committee of the Swiss Company within the next few days.
The new board members are:
- Denis Kessler, chairman and CEO of Scor since 4 November 2002.
- Jean-Luc Besson, chief risk officer of Scor
- Victor Peignet CEO of Scor Global P&C - Worldwide
- Gilles Meyer, director of business unit 1 of Scor Global Life
- Georges Chodron de Courcel, head of Corporate Investment Banking at BNP Paribas and non-voting member of the board of Scor
- Jürg Marty, managing director for all common activities of the Swiss Public Building Insurance Companies, especially CEO of the Intercantonal Union of Reinsurance and CEO of the Swiss Pool for Earthquake Cover
- J Friedrich Sauerländer, serving as chairman or member of the board of a number of companies and foundations