A chance to be published in Global Reinsurance and to win an Apple Watch
Now in its third year, the Multaqa essay competition is back to celebrate the quality of (re)insurance knowledge in the MENA markets.
The aim of the essay writing contest, organised by Global Reinsurance and the Qatar Financial Centre Authority, is to provoke debate and intelligent analysis on the future of (re)insurance in the MENA region.
The competition is open to insurance and reinsurance professionals based in or doing business in the region.
Essays, which should not exceed 1,500 words (excluding references and footnotes), have to be on one of the following topics:
- The potential for digital disruption in MENA insurance
- Addressing macro-economic headwinds: Insurance companies’ strategic options for resilience
- Making Takaful a profitable proposition: The way forward
- Evolution or revolution: MENA (re)insurance in 2020
The winning entry will be chosen by the following:
- Jack Grocott, publisher, Global Reinsurance
- Akshay Randeva, director, strategic development, Qatar Financial Centre Authority
- Dr Kai-Uwe Schanz, partner & chairman, Dr Schanz, Alms & Company
- Ahmad Idris, chief executive, Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company
Essays, which will also be judged on style and grammar, should be sent in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition closes on February 5 2016.
The winning article will be announced on March 15 at Multaqa and will be published in the Summer issue of Global Reinsurance magazine. The winner will also be invited to write a follow-up article to be published in the Monte Carlo Rendez-vous special issue of Global Reinsurance, as well as taking home an Apple Watch.
For more information on Multaqa, visit www.multaqa.com.qa.
To read the 2015 winning entry, click here.